Namibian citizens wishing to travel in the event of an emergency who do not have a valid passport (e.g lost passport, expired passport etc.) may apply for an EMERGENCY TRAVEL CERTIFICATE.
What documents do I need when applying for the issuance of Emergency Travel Certificate?
The following must be furnished for the application process:
- Duly filled application form [PDF]
- Notarized copy of passport
- Two (2) passport-size photographs
- Notarized copy of birth certificate
- Application fee of US$10.00 (money order or certified check payable to the Embassy of Namibia – personal checks are not accepted)
- A self-addressed, pre-paid envelope (should have a tracking no.) for the return of your document
What do I do with the completed documents?
Once you have all the required documents, please place them in one envelope and mail them to the following address:
Attn: Consular Section
1605 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009
How long does it take?
Please contact the embassy to verify.