Who are allowed to hold Dual Namibian Citizenship?
Requirements for the Namibian Citizenship:
All applicants must submit the following:
Duly filled and signed application form [PDF]
- Copy of abridge and full birth certificate applicant
- Copy of birth certificate (parent born in Namibia )
- Copy of Namibian Id (if in possession of such documents)
- Copy of Namibian ID (parent born in Namibia )
- Police Certificate of conduct from the country of origin
- Applicant over 16 years and above is needed.
- Applicant must have legal residence in Namibia as the spouse of a Namibian citizen for a period for at least 2 years.
- Copy of Marriage Certificate, Copy of Birth Certificate of spouse born in Namibia.
- Copy of Birth Certificate (applicant).
- Letter from the Receiver of Revenue confirming period of residence.
- Copy of Namibian ID (if in possession – above)
- Police Clearance from the country of origin and Namibia .
- Copy of Namibia ID spouse born in Namibia
- Passport copies of the applicant, Copy of applicant (s)
- Valid Permit e.g TRP, PRP and Work Permit Motivation letter from the spouse born in Namibia .
Qualified period: after five years legal residence Copy of permanent resident permit Police clearance certificate of country of origin and Namibia Medical report Letter from receiver of revenue confirming period of residence. Two character references. (letters from friends who has know you longer than 2 years. Job description of yourself and your spouse Copy of Namibian ID if you have one Copy of birth certificate.
We have a Swart Case copy of Old Swart ID indicate country of birth and date of entry. Police certificate of conduct from Namibia and country of origin Herero – Bostwana Renunciation letter of Botswana citizenship Riemvasmakers & Topnaars Letter from the Riemvasmaak committee Copy of old SWA ID (if in possession of one) Namibia Police Certificate of Conduct Angolan They Qualify For Trp and Prp Copy of old SWA ID indicate country of birth and date of entry Namibia police certificate of conduct
What do I do with the completed documents?
Once you have all the required documents, please place them in one envelope and mail them to the following address:
The Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Washington, DC
Attn: Consular Section
1605 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009
How long does it take?
The processing time is not certain and would depend on the Ministry of Home Affairs. Make sure to write an email address on the application form so that the Ministry can contact the applicant directly.