You are here

Declaration of Loss of Passport / Other Travel Documents


Our First thought is for your safety and well-being. If you need to contact the embassy, Please call the First Secretary, Mr Sylvester Muchila on 1-202-655-0605. Thank you

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

What do I do if I lose my passport or travel documents?

A lost passport must be reported immediately to the nearest Namibian embassy according to the following steps:

  1. Make a police report in the foreign country and request the following:
    • a copy of the report (if possible) OR
    • acknowledgment slip/receipt OR (if the above two options are not available)
    • report number & name/location of police station
  2. Fill out the Declaration Regarding the Loss of a Passport form [PDF].
  3. Report the loss to the nearest Namibian embassy/consulate with the relevant supporting documents.

Please note: Passports reported lost cannot be used even if recovered subsequently.