What documents do I need when applying for a Namibian Police Clearance Certificate?
The following must be furnished for the application process:
- Signed written request for a Police Clearance Certificate stating name, date of birth, place of birth, and date, length of stay, address where the person lived and reason for staying in Namibia;
- Attach a colored 2” x 2” photograph, taken within three months before the date of application, showing a clear front view of applicant’s face, with a white background. No sleeveless attire and eyeglasses. Men should not wear earrings. Blurred or low quality photos are not accepted.;
- Certified Copy of passport;
- A set of fingerprints;
- Copy of document showing legal stay while in Namibia;
- Payment of US$20.00; (money order or certified check – personal checks are not accepted)
- A self-addressed, pre-paid envelope from DHL, United States Postal Service or FEDEX only with tracking. Receipt of payment for the envelope must be attached;
What do I do with the completed documents?
Once you have all the required documents, please place them in one envelope and mail the to the following:
Attn: Consular Section
1605 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009
How long does it take?
In general the process ranges from 3 - 6 months. However, the speed at which your papers will be processed depends greatly on your ability to furnish the Embassy with all the proper documents. It is always recommended that you send your application material far in advance of when your need them and that you make copies of your records before sending them through the mail.